Monday, November 10, 2008

I met God in the morning

"I met God in the morning"

I met God in the morning
when the day was at its best,
And His Presence came like sunrise,
Like a glory in my breast.

All day long the Presence lingered,
All day long He stayed with me,
And we sailed in perfect calmness
O'er a very troubled sea.

Other ships were blown and battered,
Other ships were sore distressed,
But the winds that seemed to drive them,
Brought to me a peace and rest.

Then I thought of other mornings,
With a keen remorse of mind,
When I too had loosed the moorings,
With the presence left behind.

So, I think I know the secret,
Learned from many a troubled way:
You must seek Him in the morning
If you want Him through the day!

By Bishop Ralph Cushman

********************
Oh I need some inspiration on getting up early. At this point I wake up with the kids and drag for hours because I stayed up later than I should have. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I struggle with staying up late & being tired in the morning too.
I'm going to make an effort to go to bed when there is a 10 in it (10-10:59pm) & get up while there is a 7 in it (7-7:59am) I have been finding I have been trying to lie in more and more if the children (13&3) are quiet because of broken sleep due to the 3rd olds illness but I'm finding it is slowly becoming more about laziness and not a few minutes of extra sleep for me and I find that flows into the day and I'm feeling irritated by interruptions etc so I need to change this and discipline myself.
Please pray for me this week in this area!

MrsM said...

Praying Carolyn!