"used by John Wesley, the noted 18th century theologian, with a group He called The Holy Club."When I read that list it really hit me. I'll be saving a copy to keep me in check, I definitely need it. Thanks a lot Mary for posting it.
With out further ado...
"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you..." (2 Cor. 13:5)
- Am I consciously or unconsciously creating the impression that I am better than I really am? In other words, am I a hypocrite?
- Do I confidentially pass on to others what has been said to me in confidence?
- Can I be trusted?
- Am I a slave to dress, friends, work or habits?
- Am I self-conscious, self-pitying, or self-justifying?
- Did the Bible live in me today?
- Do I give the Bible time to speak to me every day?
- Am I enjoying prayer?
- When did I last speak to someone else of my faith?
- Do I pray about the money I spend?
- Do I get to bed on time and get up on time?
- Do I disobey God in anything?
- Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
- Am I defeated in any part of my life?
- Am I jealous, impure, critical, irritable, touchy or distrustful?
- How do I spend spare time?
- Am I proud?
- Do I thank God that I am not as other people, especially as the Pharisees who despised the publican?
- Is there anyone whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold a resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?
- Do I grumble or complain constantly?
- Is Christ real to me?
John 15:8 This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.